As part of their #WhatULuv campaign, the folks at Luvs asked me about what I truly value and feel thankful for as a parent. The following immediately came to mind: My 9 and 12-year-old are now genuine helpers–with the capability of actual helpfulness–instead of fake helpers-in-training. For instance:
- My kids now empty the dishwasher and put away the dishes, instead of emptying the dishwasher and leaving everything on the counter they “can’t reach.” I called them out on the “can’t reach” counter when they could rest their elbows for prolonged emptying-the-dishwasher breaks in the very cupboard where the mugs belong.
- Now that they have huge feet, I can slip on the boys’ shoes when I need to run to the mailbox, and **bonus** we can all steal each others socks.
- When we rake the leaves they actually rake the leaves and complain, instead of push them around in circles and complain.
- In a pinch I can get a decent back massage from my sons instead of what amounts to a toddler mole-check.
- Best of all, my children no longer require gear they can’t carry in their own backpacks, and they can get themselves dressed and out the door (when “dressed” means flipflops in 37 degree freezing rain).
Honestly, my kids help out quite a bit–they even do their own laundry, even if the dirty socks they leave all over the house never actually make it into their laundry. Regardless, a cozy warm clean(ish) house and healthy happy kids tops my gratitude list, and Luvs helped keep my kids cozy, warm and dry in affordable diapers during those long diaper
Luvs recently introduced the new and improved Luvs Ultra Leakguard Diapers with NightLock Plus™. Softer and more absorbent than before*, with large stretch tabs for easy fastening, ultra-leakage protection and a money-back guarantee, Luvs provide features babies and parents need for less cost than premium brands.
Join the #WhatULuv Twitter party hosted by @iConnect and @Luvs, on November 29th, 9-10pm EST to share what you value as a parent.
COUPON!! To make sure everyone gets their share of value – Luvs is offering a great money-saving opportunity with a $1 print-at-home coupon. Visit http://www.coupons.com/brands/luvs-coupons/ to access a Luvs coupon of $1 off any one diaper pack. Print the coupon at home and use it at any mass, discount or grocery stores where Luvs Diapers are sold. All Luvs Diapers are included in this particular offer, except trial/travel sized diaper packs. Print-at-Home coupons expire 30 days from the date the coupon is printed by the consumer.
This post is sponsored by Luvs, as part of my ongoing work with Luvs Most Valuable Parents.