Most Idiotical Buttcheek and Other Honors!

Did you hear?

Tonight at bedtime Five named me his “Most idiotical buttcheek” as a term of affection.

That went over well.

Last month he deemed me “The Most Annoying Boss of Everything” likely based on my slow response time to MY HOT CHOCOLATE LOOKS LIKE A MOUTH QUICK GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM AND GET YOUR iPHONE QUICK RIGHT NOW I SAID RIGHT NOW.

Or maybe I earned the title due to my never driving him to school, coupled with twice-daily illogical explanation of “because we live 2.75 blocks away and you’re a bi-ped.”

In any case, it’s hard to balance so many tiaras. Luckily mine are stackable.

***

Yesterday I learned that I made Babble’s Top 100 Mom Blogs of 2012, placing in the top 10 for “funniest” and “well-written.” I’ve felt vulnerable about writer-stuff lately, so this came as a welcome surprise. Thanks to Babble and especially to their panelists for this honor, and for sponsoring my over-the-moon moment. Yours in gratitude, Idiotical Buttcheek.

• yourfriendrobin December 4, 2012, 6:40 am

Those teeth marshmallows are my favorite thing I’ve seen all day. And that’s horrible because I just put my kids to bed…but nope, it’s still those teeth.

• Audra Flammang December 4, 2012, 7:11 am

Congratulations, Idiotical Buttcheek! and that’s coming from a bonafide Mean Idient (Idiot). I’m so glad you’ve shared your humor and heart with the world, dear Ann.

• tracy@sellabitmum December 4, 2012, 7:33 am

Congrats!! Seriously so deserving. You are awesome as are your buttcheeks!

• MommaBeThyName December 4, 2012, 7:45 am

Congratulations, Ann! You’re a rock star!

• Jen @ Cuddles and Chaos December 4, 2012, 8:07 am

Congrats! There seriously is nothing like stackable tiaras!

• Becky December 4, 2012, 9:29 am

That hot chocolate really DOES look like a mouth. Congrats my love!

• Pearl December 4, 2012, 9:56 am

1. It DOES look like a mouth, and;
    2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Pearl

• Sherry Carr-Smith (@prcarrs) December 4, 2012, 10:15 am

Yay?

• tranquilamama December 4, 2012, 11:50 am

Congratulations coming from stinker butt – this term coined by the two year old. Clearly the five year old is influencing her.

• Pam December 4, 2012, 2:45 pm

That’s awesome! Congrats on your achievement. And on the Babble award, too:)

• karen December 4, 2012, 3:00 pm

The hot chocolate really does look like a mouth!! Congrats on Babble!

• Andrea December 4, 2012, 7:56 pm

Woo hoo! Congrats to you! Idiotically buttcheek would be impressive enough, but you even have that MOST put in front of it!

• gradydoctor December 4, 2012, 8:30 pm

And here I was thinking that Stinky Doody-head was the only term of gluteal endearment. Who knew?

Congrats, butt-chica!

xo, KM

• Unknown December 5, 2012, 5:53 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Unknown December 5, 2012, 5:54 am

Congrats! I like my Tiaras not only stackable, but “transportable” so I can wear them at sporting events and school functions. True dat. :)-Franticmommy

• The Empress December 5, 2012, 8:00 am

Congrats, Ann.

Vulnerable about your stuff? That’s why you keep pushing higher and higher into the stratospheric ranks of blogs that leave me wondering HOW THE HECK DOES SHE THINK OF THAT?

You dont just do posts or tell stories: you play with words in ways I dont see elsewhere.

You experiment and while that may leave you feeling wobbly, it’s trying some muscles I dont even have.

Congrats on the Babble validation. Congrats on LTYM’s 24 cities. Congrats on wordplay so intriguing you could be a board game.

Wonderful to know you, Ann. I am grateful for AnnsRants.

• Sara Ward-Cassady December 5, 2012, 8:51 am

Wow! That hot chocolate really DOES look like a mouth. You can see why it was an emergency. Congrats on the Top 10!

• dusty earth mother December 5, 2012, 9:40 am

I can’t stop laughing about “idiotical buttcheek”. And so thrilled about your Top 10 Funny status–well deserved, Most Annoying Boss of Everything.

• The Flying Chalupa December 5, 2012, 11:28 am

So, so happy for you! About the most idiotical buttcheek of course. Although Babble’s not too shabby either.
    A great way to end the year.
    xoxo

• The Flying Chalupa December 5, 2012, 11:29 am

BOO-YAH BLOGGER COMMENTS!
    ps – I’m using my husband’s computer. The mystery deepens.

• Casey Freeland December 5, 2012, 12:53 pm

So, here’s the thing for me. The troubling aspect of your new crown is that it only concerns itself with one buttcheek. What about the other one? I’m left with this hole in my brain, trying in vain to fill it with the other buttcheek.

Oh and you rock and should never feel vulnerable about your writing. Now that I said it, you must stop it right now and forever.

So there.

Casey

• Liz @ PeaceLoveGuac December 6, 2012, 8:56 am

Yay Ann!! So deserved! Next up: Funniest Buttcheek award!

• Hope December 6, 2012, 10:20 am

Unbelievable–an insecure writer? Anyway, so well-deserved! Congratulations!

• Heidi December 10, 2012, 5:50 pm

Congrats to you!
    As writers, I don’t know that it’s possible to not feel vulnerable. In fact, just today I received an email full of criticisms and a list of new edits I get to do for my book and I can’t wait to tackle them. Can you feel the heaviness of my sarcasm?
    You are super-duper talented. I mean it.
    By the way, I really thought that was a mouth.

• Lori Popkewitz Alper December 11, 2012, 1:13 pm

So many terms of affection and so many tiaras. Glad they are stackable. Congrats Ann on the Babble honor. Well deserved.

• Lady Jennie December 12, 2012, 11:42 am

Congrats Ann! So happy for you. :-)

And, why yes – it does look like a mouth!