MADLANDIA: “Portlandia” set in Madison, Wisconsin

MADLANDIA
by: annimig

If you don’t see the video, click here.

If you enjoy this video, you might like my 3rd Blogiversary video, too.

• Theresa March 21, 2012, 3:25 pm

That is so stinkin funny Ann. Bravo!

• Andrea March 21, 2012, 8:28 pm

Hee hee hee! Love the shoulder shrugs!

• Heather March 22, 2012, 6:37 am

He was on my back. In the ER GO.
    I loved this, Ann. Now I have to go bring Miles to school and then volunteer in Asher’s classroom and drop off picket signs on my way to Goodwill all without a car because cars pollute. While wearing EJ in the Moby. Front carry.

• Wendi March 22, 2012, 6:49 am

Please tell me you have a hat like that in real life.

• The Empress March 22, 2012, 7:00 am

Oh, Ann:

you secretly snarky woman.

I love it.

LOve hearing your inner thoughts.

I wish I had the guts to do this…I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to stop at 3:19.

• Marta March 22, 2012, 9:58 am

Lol, I loved this. I feel like the beginning conversation about the weather is easily one I would have overheard at work. EASILY. Even though I work at a SCIENCE museum we’ve got that one person that’s like “global warming — that’s made up liberal propaganda conspiring with so/so to make us recycle more!”

• Suzy March 22, 2012, 10:45 am

Madlandia appears to be the twin sister of Berkeley, California.

• dusty earth mother March 22, 2012, 11:11 am

I just KNEW that the podiatrists were conspiring with the shoe industry to weaken our feet! What would I do without you as the ultimate source of underground information?

• Nancy Davis Kho March 22, 2012, 12:43 pm

I’m glad that the PC denizens of Madison are as passive aggressive as anyone else. Off to wash with Peppermint tea.

• Liz @ PeaceLoveGuac March 22, 2012, 1:55 pm

Your walkie is definitely not all talkie…this was hilarious!

• George H. March 22, 2012, 2:02 pm

That was brilliant. Cowshare was brilliant. It was all brilliant.

• Becky March 23, 2012, 8:18 am

OH MY GOD! LOVE!!! Too much love to write in complete sentences.

• Julie March 23, 2012, 2:10 pm

Fun times!

(I wish I had time to watch this every day.)

• Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog March 23, 2012, 3:21 pm

This was awesome. I like the poorly timed hand gestures and awkward pauses that the program puts in. Puts a whole new spin on the context…

• Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub March 24, 2012, 10:26 pm

I loved the bit about washing with peppermint tea because antibacterial soaps are the cause of sickness. Another brilliant video, Ann!

And that whole jogging conversation is not far off from what I’ve heard in Madison before. Yikes!

• busana muslim March 28, 2012, 11:07 am

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

• Elizabeth @claritychaos March 28, 2012, 8:09 pm

I upcycled them from Craigslist. Love it. That and the podiatrists in cahoots with the shoe manufacturers. Good, good stuff. And will you please stop eavesdropping on my conversations? Seriously.

• Anna Lefler March 29, 2012, 8:04 am

Wow. It’s like I’m eavesdropping on two Uber Alpha Moms at my own Peet’s right here in Santa Monica.

Outstanding.

XO

A.

• Steph April 5, 2012, 5:56 pm

I suspect this is an even more location-specific conversation. Let’s call it “Sequoyalandia.” Because just this week in front of the checkout desk where I work, I heard Mom One soliciting travel tips from Mom Two for her forthcoming trip – taking the kids to London! As one does. And Mom Two gushing in response, “Our NEXT trip is to Iceland! Boatwright picked it!” (the kid’s name wasn’t really “Boatwright”, but something along those lines.)