STRIKE!

Madison is on strike. Unions and state workers are fighting to keep their collective bargaining rights, Madison teachers formed a massive sick-in (kids have had no school since last Tuesday) and the Democratic senators fled to avoid a quorum.

Heh heh. I said quorum. Heh heh.

I’ve decided to blog strike in solidarity, providing a convenient excuse for having absolutely no energy left after a sick child, traveling husband, stiff neck, LTYM auditions and casting. Not to mention all our demonstrating of course: two hours early Saturday to get a good parking spot and avoid the crowds. At a protest. Nice.

No one’s budging. Not the unions, nor the Governor, nor MALADY’s SON!

Who is Malady? And why the all caps? I’m so glad you asked.

Malady’s blogtoons are totally unique and totally hilarious. I love the way she draws. Please check out Malady’s blog and subscribe while you’re there. YOU BARELY EVEN HAVE TO READ!!

Enjoy. And Thank you Malady for guest posting. You are the awesomest SCAB ever.

[] [] []

POOP STRIKE: By Malady

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thank you Malady. Thank you readers. Especially thank you to my community of peaceful protestors. My ‘Sconnie pride overfloweth.

Overhead look of capitol rotunda by Lael Sheber

• Fragrant Liar February 21, 2011, 12:49 am

Funny cartoons, Malady! And what kid hasn’t held out on us? It’s probably a book title: “Withholding the Poop.” Parents, operators are standing by!

Ann, I’m rooting for you guys up there. It’s a shame what that governor and his cronies are doing. Talk about bullying! That’s not what government does, not in America! Bastards. Anyway, I’m watching you guys and hoping you an the Dem leadership can hang in long enough to make these guys GET THE MESSAGE! The voters are not taking their crap! Best of luck to you!

Kimber

• Fragrant Liar February 21, 2011, 12:50 am

Here’s your new demonstration poster for the strike: Wisconsiners, Withhold the Poop!

• Melissa February 21, 2011, 5:37 am

Hilarious! Thanks for recommending Malady – I’m hooked :)

• Kate Coveny Hood February 21, 2011, 6:32 am

And to think, we once “couldn’t wait to get everyone out of diapers.” Like once they learned to use the potty, our involvement in their bodily functions would end! So naive….

• heather of the eo February 21, 2011, 7:15 am

I will respect your blog strike. And I will show up at the rotunda to support you.

LOOK at that rotunda! (beautiful)

Malady is the funny. Thank you.

• KLZ February 21, 2011, 7:20 am

Well at least you get some chocolate out of it.

And I’m sure target has seen worse

• NiesGirl February 21, 2011, 7:32 am

I love the word “quorum.” I intend to you it often. :) He hehe he!

• DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom February 21, 2011, 8:21 am

Wait a minute. . . this post isn’t about bowling?

I like the Malady cartoon. She had me at “poop withholding”.

• dusty earth mother February 21, 2011, 8:59 am

Great cartoon! And of course, I thought of you when I heard about the strike. Thought you might be picketing in solidarity.

• The Empress February 21, 2011, 9:47 am

I always get hit at Target, too…I think it’s all the “prune parties” I have in the mornings, so my kids will “see my good example.”

• Suzy February 21, 2011, 10:10 am

FINALLY! The people fight back! This country has been sorely lacking in backbone since the 60’s and 70’s and I hope the actions in Tunisia and Egypt showed us all that hitting the streets CAN WORK. Go Wisconsin!

But the poop thing? Uh, no.

• Yuliya February 21, 2011, 12:49 pm

Fantastic, like I don’t have enough to do, now I have to add another hilarious blogger to the reading rotation…you’re quite selfish you know that?

• Sarah Miller February 21, 2011, 4:10 pm

Love this! And thanks for the into to Malady; I have duly subscribed.

• Ann Imig February 21, 2011, 4:37 pm

I can’t decide which I like more, the stink lines emitting from the diaper genie or the Ezikial toast.

• Ellie Belen February 22, 2011, 12:44 am

Sweetness,

cheek clenching toddlers – wanting no poop

protesters clutching signs and want to throw poop

• wonderchris February 22, 2011, 12:26 pm

Malady ROCKS! Great guest post!

• Rene/ Not The Rockefellers February 22, 2011, 3:05 pm

Malady, you are a gem…and your son appears to be making a diamond.

Dear WI, Get Well Soon! We need Ann

• IT (aka Ivan Toblog) February 22, 2011, 3:29 pm

I commented at another blog that I might change my rule about blog links in my sidebar. Now, for sure the rule is changed.

• Malady February 22, 2011, 5:33 pm

Wow, it’s so COOL to see my comic over here in a well-read and respected blog!
    Thanks, Ann for having me and thanks to all you lovely commenters.
    Isn’t Ann a genius for having been able to segue from the political seriousness of the Wisconsin strike to the fluffy, mundane, not-so-seriousness of my poop drawings?

• Bejewell February 22, 2011, 8:50 pm

You guys are so cute. You Wisconsiners, I mean. And Malady, too. I hope you get to poop again soon. I mean, blog again soon. I’m confused. But I like you. And Malady. And Wisconsin. And pooping.

• Tony February 23, 2011, 12:09 am

That was Awesome – I loved it

• The Flying Chalupa February 23, 2011, 9:15 am

I don’t know how you’re surviving with the kiddos out of school, Ann. What the hell is going ON in our country????

But I love the cartoons and will certainly NOT withhold a visit to Malady.

• MommaKiss February 23, 2011, 12:26 pm

Oh my garage, seriously laughing over here. At the poop, not the protesters.  I’m proud of them!! Go Sconnie!!   [i always have to shit at Target. It’s like their bulls eye bathroom calls to my guts or something. odd

• Kelley February 25, 2011, 6:54 am

That was hilarious! I have been subscribed to her blog for a while but haven’t paid her a visit in a while. She is so talented! This was hilarious!!

• Lady Jennie February 26, 2011, 2:05 pm

Oh that was so funny. Enjoy your strike. Now you’re French!

• Homschlr4ever February 26, 2011, 2:17 pm

We’re rooting down here for you and so proud of the stand you Madisonians (is that right?) are taking. Stand tough and know that people are supporting you from all over the country and writing our congressmen. Your success is our success and a reason for national pride.
    Susan